As a wellbeing company your health and happiness is important to us. We take your privacy and your personal information as a serious matter and our goal is not to create any extra stress or anxiety.
What the policy tells you
- What information we could collect about you
- How that information could be used
- How we store your data
- The circumstances under which your information might be shared with others
- Occasions when we might use your information to contact you
- Choices you may make about personal information you’re happy to share with us
- What information you can ask to be deleted
- About your general rights
It’s up to you if you accept our cookies. If you do accept them they will be used to do a number of standard things:
- Remembering information about you, so you don’t have to repetitively provide it to us
- To allow you to remain signed-in
- Personalising our service for you
- Providing service continuity, e.g. allowing you to pick up on an incomplete activity such as filling out a questionnaire
- Gaining an understanding of how people are using our service, so we can improve our services to you
- To see if our emails have been read and if they were of use
Some cookies are always on (unless you switch them off within the browser you are using). We use these cookie types to make sure our services work correctly. We might also use other cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. You can switch these off at any time.
Please note that other companies may place cookies onto your device that enable them to track some activity with us. This is not under our control, but you should be able to switch these off/remove them from your device.
Services offered directly by ZavFit Ltd, whether it’s via our website or App.
We might sometimes link to other companies’ services, such as a link to a Twitter account. Those companies should have their own privacy policies, so information shared with them will follow their rules.
How is your personal information protected?
Security lies at the heart of the design of our systems. Although we will always remain vigilant on your behalf, you might become aware of something that causes you a concern regarding your personal information being at risk.
If you do have any concerns, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
What type of personal information does ZavFit collect about me?
Information provided to us about you
Information collected to build your user Profile:
Once you have created a ZavFit account, we will ask you to provide additional optional information about yourself to complete your “Profile”. The information we ask for may include your email, phone number, office address and date of birth.
If you accepted our cookies, we use Google Analytics to capture basic data of how visitors use our website:
- Number of times website is visited
- Pages viewed
- Session time
- Day part data ‘Time of day site was visited’
- Geographic data ‘country’
- Channel data ‘FB, IG, Organic search’
Devices included things like your:
- Voice-enabled device
We automatically collect technical information from these devices, and this might include:
- The operating system the device uses
- The browser the device uses
Our MoneyFitness Quiz
A token is stored in your browser cookies so you can re-visit your MoneyFitness score. It is anonymous and not linked to any personal data. You can delete this at any time by clearing your cookies.
Information you share about ZavFit elsewhere
You might share information about your experiences of using ZavFit elsewhere, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. In this example, we might store your Twitter handle and any Tweets associated with it.
How you interact with us
We will capture information about how you use our service, such as your most used functions, the number and duration of service usage, any links you click on the external sites/articles.
How can ZavFit use personal information?
We will only use your personal information when necessary and with your permission.
From time-to-time we might ask for your permission to initiate activity, such as when you subscribe to an email. Other examples might include:
- To confirm your service activity, e.g. if you haven’t used the service for longer than is usual
- To ask you to participate in a survey about a specific area that we think might be of interest to you
- For marketing purposes
- To send notifications to your device, in line with your device settings
In other circumstances, when you would reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we wouldn’t ask for your permission explicitly but only when the law allows us to do so. Examples of these situations include:
- To deliver our services and information relating to it
- To deal with information and service requests, including complaints
- To personalize your experience when using our services
- To allow us to innovate and provide new useful functionality
- To recommend other resources (e.g. media articles) that might interest you
How long will we retain your personal information?
We will maintain your personal information so long as you hold an account to use our services.
Can I delete my information?
The simple answer is yes. When you request your account to be deleted, we will do so immediately. However, we may keep a record of the way in which you have used our services, but we will not link it to any personal information about you.
There may be other social media providers, for example, where information (e.g. a social media comment) exists that is not under our control. In these circumstances we will not be able to delete this data on your behalf.
Does ZavFit share my information with others?
When you make something public
Your information will be shared for example, when you post a comment in a public forum, such as Facebook. Where you tag us in a social media post or share information publicly about us, in certain circumstances, we may also share this information with others.
When you subscribe using your email address
ZavFit will use the email to provide updates and marketing. You can change your mind at any time by unsubscribing or emailing us at [email protected]. We will treat your email address with respect. It is stored on our Mailchimp database.
When we collaborate with a research partner
From time-to-time we may collaborate with other organisations to process your information (e.g. responses to a questionnaire) on our behalf. For example with our MoneyFitness quiz.
You always have the option to opt out of any research. If you take part, we will make sure that your personal information is well looked after. We will ensure that any company we work with adheres to the Market Research Society code of conduct.
There might be occasions when we are required by law to share your information, such as the where a court requires us to do so, or where we need to protect you or others from harm.
You are in control of your personal information. You have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information
- Ask us to correct information that we might hold incorrectly
- Ask us to delete all/certain information and also that we only use it for specific reasons
- Change your mind, e.g. to ask us to cease sending you marketing information that previously you had asked for
We will act accordingly with your requests, unless we are directed otherwise by the law.
What are your data rights?
Under UK data protection laws, you have rights we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information.
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
Your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because the process forms part of our public tasks, or is in our legitimate interests.
Your right to data portability
This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another, or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
If we are processing your information for criminal law enforcement purposes, your rights are slightly different. Please see the relevant section of the notice.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have one month to respond to you.
How to contact us?
Email: [email protected]
How to contact the appropriate authority?
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us. You can email our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office